Are you a whizz with numbers and people?
Fancy changing up your routine and working in a non-traditional, exciting new setting?
Happy with a one-year maternity cover contract?
You could be just what this digital marketing agency needs.
Based in Canterbury, they work with some of the UK’s biggest brands; like ITV, Shepherd Neame, Amazon and more!
They’re growing quickly and need someone to work with the leadership team to make sure they always have accurate financial information. It won’t all be down to you though, as you’ll be supported by a non-exec Finance Director and a Finance Assistant.
The role is full-time, but they’re open to flexible working or a four-day week for the right candidate. It’s Canterbury based, with free parking.
Your day-to-day role will consist of the following:
- Overseeing the Finance Assistant
- Cash flow forecasting
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet control accounts and inter-company balances
- Credit control – ensuring all invoices are paid within agreed terms
- Audit preparation
- Reviewing project invoicing, ensuring projects are within budget and signed off by the client
- Managing cash bank balances, credit cards and staff expenses
- Maintaining Xero accounting package
- Reporting on weekly KPI’s
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Management of external payroll provider
In addition, you’ll handle some operations responsibilities like…
- Managing staff holidays and time off
- Issuing new staff and client contracts
- New team member onboarding (set up) & offboarding
- Manage staff benefits
- Oversee ISO certifications & consultancy
Ideally, you’ll have at least two years’ hands-on experience in a finance department. You’ll be familiar with monthly accounting processes and routines and be AAT qualified or studying towards chartered accreditation.
- Salary is up to £40,000 DOE
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- A £250 wellness fund which you can use on anything to improve your health and wellbeing (e.g. fitness classes, retreats, therapy)
- Unlimited training budget
- Three volunteering days per year
There's loads more benefits which are all available in a staff handbook that we'll share with you. If you're considering applying and would like more information, contact Meg: email@example.com. Or, just hit the apply button with your CV.